Friday 13 February 2015

Pritam Singh to AHPETC residents: Ask me where is your money?







'Give answers to Parliament, not just residents'
The Straits Times, 13 Feb 2015

Mr K. Shanmugam (Nee Soon GRC): Let's turn to Mr Pritam Singh... In May 2011, you said, and I quote, "If there is one thread that runs through the Workers' Party manifesto, it is the thread of transparency and accountability", you thundered... There is a thread, all right, but it weaves and leaves a tangled web. Would you tell us what is your position on each of these questions I've asked?

Mr Pritam Singh (Aljunied GRC): I fully believe when I do my house visits this Saturday, some of these questions (on AHPETC's lapses) will come up. Likewise, they will come up for my fellow WP MPs. We will answer all of them. Why? Because of a duty to the residents. We will answer to them. Well, minister (Shanmugam), if you were a resident, I'll answer your question. Thank you.

Mr K. Shanmugam: I see a very interesting definition of transparency. We will answer residents, we won't answer in Parliament... But let's not debate it. If you have answers to the questions I've asked, please give it to us tomorrow (the next day's Parliament sitting) when you speak, rather than saying you will answer to your residents when you knock on their doors.





Mr Sam Tan (Radin Mas): Mr Pritam Singh says that he will explain and give the answers to his residents. I must say that I'm a resident of Aljunied GRC.

In fact, Mr Chen Show Mao is my MP. So, I will not bother you to come to my house during the house visit to explain to me.

You can give the answers in the name of transparency, professionalism and integrity and honesty to this House tomorrow.










Related


WP must now walk the talk, take action

AHPETC paid Managing Agent estimated S$1.6m a year more than other TCs: MND

No comments:

Post a Comment